Sunday, January 08, 2006

Weekend in Penang

Penang Bridge

Ça va pas la tête mentioned in his blog about his DVD purchase recently. And whaddaya know ?!!! My parents suggested that we go to Penang for the weekend (Oh yeah, I still live with my parents. Not necessarily a bad thing, you know !). While others go to Low Yat, Sungei Wang or Bukit Bintang to get their DVD fix, I like to get mine from Penang. In KL, the price of a DVD usually range from RM10 to RM15 and cost even more for DVD boxed sets (only an estimate since prices varied from place to place) for a single or a double layer disc. In Penang, I can get a single layer DVD for RM 6 to RM 8. I was made to understand that a double layer disc cost more because you get a clearer picture and better sound reproduction, though I did not have the chance to actually compare it with a single layer disc. Anyone care to enlighten me on this ?? I know NOT to expect too much since it's pirated and all. One more thing, please tell me if there's a place in KL that can equal the price I got in Penang. It'll definitely save me the hassle of buying DVDs ONLY when I have the chance to travel to Penang. Which is like what, only once or twice a year.

Here is my list of DVDs I bought:-
  1. April Snow (Korean)
  2. Innocent Steps (Korean)
  3. Flightplan
  4. Sin City
  5. Must Love Dogs: I'm a sucker for romantic comedies plus I lurvvvve Diane Lane !
  6. Brothers Grimm
  7. The Constant Gardener
  8. Creep
  9. Serenity
  10. 40-year-old Virgin
  11. Red Eye
  12. All About Love (Cantonese)
  13. Win a Date With Tad Hamilton: Strictly goin' for the eye candy. Josh Duhamel(NSFW) is SO cute in this movie.
  14. Hide and Seek
  15. The HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  16. Saw
  17. Elizabethtown


6 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just saw Serenity yesterday, and I had never seen the Television show and I loved the movie! Great flick.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger akihisa said...

I haven't watched the tv show either, Mathias. Joss Whedon is so cool. I mean, Buffy and Angel is my all time favourite shows. Been readin' a lot of good reviews about the movie even though it doesn't have an all-star cast.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger savante said...

You didn't get any for us!

paul

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Mr RM said...

Penang? Where to buy DVD in Penang? Cheap meh?

I love Penang, it is my hometown, and I truly love the state. So much of history, so much of culture.... aaahhh

Penang, the eternal Pearl Of The Orient......

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

You should get to know this DVD seller personally and you will get GOOD GOOD price.... and I really mean good good price. ;)

I have seen most of the movies on your list. hehehe I am looking for more... ;)

Well for 8 bucks you should head to SS2, buy 5 free 1. Not too bad huh?

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger akihisa said...

Next time, I go to Penang, remind me, Paul ! Hehe !

Penang is your hometown, Kitjar ?!! I so loved Penang even if it is for the DVDs. ;-p. I lived in Parit Buntar when I was a kid. Well, I buy the DVDs at either Perangin Mall or One-Stop. You should check it out !

Where exactly in SS2, ca va ?? My social skills leave a lot to be desired. I'm a shy guy. ;-p

The buy 5 free 1 deal definitely made me itch to go out and buy more DVDs. LOL !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home