Sunday, January 15, 2006

Time Waits For No One


Spent the day by lounging around the house. Surfing the net, watch the DVDs I bought last week, read the Sunday's paper and ermm...doin' not much of anything really. Not to say I've never done this sort of thing before. In fact, I do this ALL THE TIME. Even though, I do have pressing matters to attend to, like my assignments. One is due next week, Friday and another one on the 20th of February.

Dr. Paul : "Everyone, please say hello to our new friend."
Me: "Errm, hi everyone ! My name is Ahmad and I'm a procrastinator."
Everyone: "Hi, Ahmad !!!"

LOL ! Yes, guys. I am a procrastinator. As much as I don't want to admit it, I have this habit of ALWAYS do things in the last minute. No matter how hard I try to psyche myself, reminding myself, to finish whatever it is that I should do, I ended up doing it just in the nick of time. Imagine, you have to do a 3000 words report. Factor in, the extensive research you have to do, lists of book you have to read and you only possess an average command of the English language. Now, picture yourself starting to do the report the night before the day you have to hand it in. That, how fu**ed up I am. So far, this particular habit applies only to my studies. Somehow, I feel like I am enjoying the pressure, pushing myself to see how far I can go. Testing me to the limits of my capabilities. That is, until there come a time when I won't be able to finish the work. *shudder*
I hate to think if this habit will rear its ugly head when I starts working in the future. When you start working, it's a different ball game altogether. You have to answer to your superior.
In the mean time, I think I'll go and watch my DVDs again. ;-p

7 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

I am another procrastinator too ;) why do it today when you have tomorrow? Bad I know but I perform well under reasonable stress!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger asm@di said...

hah, you finally have a blog!

procrastination is the thief of time, so says the old sayings, but don't believe those old fogeys, to procrastinate is divine dear! all those running around like a headless chicken during the last minutes, all that burns calories i tell you :D

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger aiskrem_potong said...

I'd like to see this Dr. Paul and see if he can help me with a thing or two... yup, i'm definitely in the same boat dude.. BIG PROCRASTINATOR.. wait -how is this Dr. Paul? is he cute? hahaha

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger savante said...

But you updated your blog! Good boy!

Paul

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger savante said...

:O Does someone wanna pick me up! Give him my number!

Paul

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger ça va pas la tête said...

Paul,

When r u free?

We are turning this blog into a match-make market! lol

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger akihisa said...

Procrastination nearly took a bite of my ass last week when I handed in my assignment,guys ! I handed it in just in time. I don't know whether I did good or bad. I sure hope I did okay.

Hhhhmmm, my blog into a match-making service, huh ?!!! I don't mind it one bit. BUT, all applicants must go through ME first. *wink* LOL !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home