Thursday, August 10, 2006

Are You Yaris?

Being a just-out-college guy whose trying to find a suitable job (I'm still in a chill-out mode though as I wanna a give myself a thorough soul-searching exercise on what it is I really wanted to do as a career) which does not include the task he hated the most, programming. I know I can't avoid it totally since IT IS the degree qualification I'm having. I am always fascinated by stories of celebrities and what they did with their first big paycheck. Granted, I won't be able to get a big of a paycheck as theirs. But, all I want to point out is the feelings is all the same, right?! The immense feeling of being in control, freedom, a sense of pride and satisfaction, knowing that you have contributed something to world and get something in return and so on.

Even before securing a job, I'm already filled with excitement.Yet, a tad nervous too. Yes, no longer do I have to beg my parents for pocket money, the things I want to buy is entirely up to me and mmm..what else?! God, I can't think of any. Am I that shallow? Hehe! Equating money with fun. As they say, with money comes great responsibility, no?? I took the liberty to add my own twist to the saying. ;p

I know what to expect by having your own income. Bills, bills and more bills. That is, if your living on your own. That's why if my parents let me, I'm planning to stay with them even after I've started working. I know they like nothing better than that. To watch over me. LOL!! And you have various kinds of taxes, which I know nothing of at first. Luckily, my father has the sense to see how ignorant I am by giving me a reality check. He took me on various outings such as when we bought our first family car, the loan and the interest rates, paying for mortgages, "cukai tanah", "cukai pintu" and whole sort of things I never knew I eventually have to do.

Put all those things aside, I do know when I've started working, I'll be diligently saving up. Why do you ask? I want to buy my dream car. The car is so damn cun. Some might say it's girly but heck, I really like the spaciousness of an MPV car. Small yet compact. However, that's NOT how I like my man to be. ROTFL!!

7 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

Hello
Good luck on finding your dream job and getting your dream car.
I was shocked by your comment on my blog coz I didn't leave a comment on your blog (i think) but you can track me visiting your blog. So cun!

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Harvey said...

wait, I DID leave a comment......long time ago. Sorry ar.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Musang said...

whoaaa... you are entering the adult world now. hmmm. the responsibilities. *shivers*

i'm so going to find myself a young dato' and take care of me.

the problem is, the youngest dato' pun is 42 years old.

*nangis*

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger savante said...

No worries, musang. You get that young datuk and I'll make all the necessary drinks every evening. Then we'll be free and rich in six months!

Darlin. Small yet compact guys are damned efficient :P

Paul

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger cain & abel said...

good luck in pursuing your dream car. You know, that's landing a full time job too soon is one of my regrets. I never had the much desired 'soul-searching break' i wanted so badly. Its now work work work and followed by bills bills bills......

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger aiskrem_potong said...

god... that's like my favourite car too!!!!

you have good taste... eheh.

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger thompsonboy said...

Doc, I agree with you..wink wink..based on experience...and I do love MPV styled cars

 

Post a Comment

<< Home