Friday, November 10, 2006

Jobless

That's the situation I'm in at the moment. And the soul-searching exercise doesn't help much. But, out of the it, I do know where my interest lies. I've browsed various newspapers and online job sites. All those jobs requires at least some experience under the belt. I don't. This is when I regretted not doing the practical training, which is optional in my case, by the way. If I've done that, at least I have inkling what the work environment is all about. I wouldn't be as clueless as I am now.

F*ck me (not literally, though. ;p) with my devil-may-care attitude, thinking that I've got all the time in the world.

I've considered all my options. One thing I've discovered is that I can't totally avoid it. It, being the programming stuffs. Either, I buck up and improve my lousy programming skills or go completely in another direction ----> find a job in fields other than IT. Originally, the latter was what I intended to do. The experience thing got in the way. When I mentioned my predicament to friends and family, one of them would usually say you could always go look for jobs in sales and marketing. Hah! I wish! I don't know about you guys, but isn't all those horror stories ( 'horror' might be a tad too strong of a word to use, I think) comes from people who used to work in sales and marketing field?!!

Despite all these, I'm glad I have my ol' dad to count on. "Being practical" is his middle name. He would say "There's always something for you out there. You just have to find it. If you can't get the first-best, then go for the second-best and so on. When you're experienced enough, you can go look for the first-best!!" Besides, he'd done this employee recruitment thing at his office, so he knows what the employers are looking for in a job candidate during interview. Therefore, I have to tune up my "goreng" skills. Heheh!

How's that for a first-hand knowledge?!!!! LOL!

3 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger thompsonboy said...

The thing about IT is, as long as you are hardworking there is something for you...project managers and etc which didnt require much programming skills. All my IT peers are doing something in IT other than programming or like me...in advertising. Dun worry too much bout it

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ei man, thanks for droppin by at my site and for linking me up, thanks for the compliments as well!

Cheers top life!

Remember: Good things awaits those who work hard.

Stay Beautiful!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger akihisa said...

Thanks for the advice, thompsonboy! By the way, how did you get started in the advertising field?!

Hey, Khalel! Stay cute is way more my style. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home