Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Anime Overload

*I've been thinking whether I should move my blog to the new beta version. Since the previous version can be a bit unpredictable sometimes, I decided, what the heck!! So now, I'm using the new beta version. I haven't got the chance to explore the new features yet. But, I will in time. Perhaps, I might even change my blog's layout. It's getting too boring for me. Hehe!*

On to my entry for today...

Ever since the launch of Animax on Astro, I can't stop myself from being totally overwhelmed by the genre that is anime. If I have the time, I would probably watch the damn channel 24/7. Oh wait, I DO have the time!!! I can't freakin believe it. This is coming from a kid who was exposed to Disney cartoons ever since he can walk on his two itty-bitty feet. I was a difficult child (I still am!), I can be very demanding if things are not done MY way. The only thing that my parents can do to shut me up was to put me in front of the tv and plays various VHS tapes of Disney cartoons. That would keep me occupied for hours on end. And my parents are free to do things around the house. This practice was later used on my younger sister as well. I remembered one evening when it is just me and my lil sister in front a TV watching Pluto trying to woo a bitch (I think it was a Dachshund) with a litter of puppies. He ended up giving her, his kennel and got a smooch from her for his kindness. He was so giddy with excitement, he didn't mind sitting in the rain while she and her pups got all warm and cosy in his kennel. Awww!! So cute!!!! At least, I think that's how the story went. Can't remember that much.

I'm not pro-anime. I mean, Disney does have its moment. The Beauty and The Beast was even nominated in the Best Picture category. However, in recent times, anime can kick Disney's, Pixar's or whatever, asses any time. Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away too won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. From the countless hours I've spent watching anime, I can safely say the creators of anime aren't afraid to tackle any subject. Boy, they are SERIOUSLY some complex anime stories out there. They even tackle the subject of homosexuality and heterosexuality in its various perverted forms. And my god, don't get me started how graphics those can get. My eyes and to a certain extent, my d*ck can't freakin believe it. LOL!!

But, what I love most about anime is (this is gonna be corny, I'm hopelessly a romantic after all!) how they managed to inject soooo much heart and sentimentalism into their characters and stories. Sometimes, the love stories they weaved aren't so clear cut in its resolve and forces you to ponder about it all. Believe me, when I tell ya, I did shed A TEAR OR TWO while watching 'em. Yeah, I'm a crybaby!!! ;p

Oh, Honey and Clover is on!! Gotta go!

*scrambles off and plunks self in front of the TV*

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, Blogger drownedglass said...

Yeah anime definitely rocks, man! One of the first anime films to blow me away was Ghost In The Shell - excellent movie! My fave right now is Fullmetal Alchemist... great comedy, strong drama, and lots of brotherly love (even if it's the non-sexual kind)

Makes me wish I had Astro :(

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger asm@di said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger asm@di said...

this reminds me, when was the last time i watch a cartoon show?! i'm not so much an anime fan, more like a general fan of cartoon.my fave anime is sailormoon (it's anime right?) *matila berangan nak jadi sailormoon!

and dear, here's a piece of advice for your job predicament. if you don't like programming (like me. it gives me headache) then just switch to design. or training. as for sales and marketing, you have to have some strong personality, strong being the operative word here. don't be jobless too long, apparently employers hate that as well (ntah hape2 kan, camne nak keje kalau diorg tak offer keje kan?)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Whoo, anime is a new found pasttime of mine, but sadly haven't been watching much of those!

I agree with drownedglass that FMA is excellent. Think I am still stuck at Ep 4 though! LOL

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger akihisa said...

Wee Shiong: Great! Another anime freak like me. Definitely gonna check Ghost in the Shell and Fullmetal Alchemist. ;p

Asm@di: Ehem..I kinda like Sailormoon too. Can't resist its cuteness factor! ;p

And, thanks for the advice. Will seriously give some thoughts into that!

Derek: Another anime fan! Good god! Here I thought I'm the only one. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home